Thursday, December 05, 2013

There has been knitting.

A hat for me. Pattern is Ahull by Alicia Plummer knitted in The Uncommon Thread's Merino Fingering yarn in the colourway Cobble. This is the perfect hat for me - light but cosy, with a lovely slouch to it. I wear it most days (it is cold a work).

Socks for M - this is one pair of three - two pairs made, one pair still on the needles. He wears hand knit socks everyday and some are looking a little tired so perfect time of year to replenish his sock drawer and fill his Xmas stocking. (Pattern is my own plain vanilla sock over 64 sts with after thought heel.)

Steptoe Miser Mitts (own pattern) J had been asking for a pair of these for ages, as I hate knitting fingers, I put him off, but he then asked for a pair for his Xmas stocking....couldn't really say no. Knitted in Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift (which I bought whilst on Shetland in Lerwick years ago), he wanted a mismatched pair. I have a hat to make for him too in similar colours in Bessie May Nettle - see photo below for Mike's version.

Not the best picture - kind of a weird selfie. But you get the idea. Again another pattern that I just made up as I went along - pretty basic beanie over 90 sts.

I do a have a project on the needles for me - but it has been put aside for Xmas knitting and I have a crochet project too. I have been asked to make a small throw for a charity raffle next Spring to raise funds for Border Terrier Welfare...again couldn't say no.

All caught up with knitting projects. Phew!




No comments: