Monday, July 14, 2014

After Unwind 2014

Wow! What a weekend. Unwind 2014 passed in a blur. It was very hot, my feet still ache but all in all it was pretty awesome. Really well thought out and organised. I caught up with a lot of old friends, made some new ones and met a lot of lovely and interesting people on the stall and off it. I didn't encounter one unfriendly person all weekend.



I made a few (cough, cough) I mean a lot of lovely purchases. Yarns from EasyKnits, Triskelion, Skein Queen and Juno Fibre Arts. Fibre from Sweet Georgia -this is meant to help me find my spinning mojo which has been awol for ages. A lovely owl and hedgehog decorated project bag from KnitRunDig and finally some yummy smelling wool wash etc from Soak. All the magazines were total freebies about £20's worth - lovely to have some crafty reading matter. **links at bottom of post**

Although we were very busy there was time to chat to customers which was nice. The packed lunches provided were pretty awesome and I think once I have recovered, the heat was really draining, I will cherish some happy memories. My co-workers Isabelle, Kate  and of course Ce were good fun. And all the other helpers just made our lives so much easier. Even the stressy moments are fading overwhelmed by good ones.

Here's hoping that the wonderful Unwind team do it all again next year.

The other wonderful person who needs a mention and a huge thank you is the wonderful Mr M who kept the home fires burning - he did all the housework, laundry, dog walking and made sure a very tired me came home to delicious food both nights - he even ran me a foot bath and didn't bat an eyelid when I zonked out and went to bed at 9.30 ish Saturday night. He drove me where I needed to be and worked for The Uncommon Thread lifting, carrying and heaving around shelving and huge boxes of yarn. He is my Mr Wonderful.



Links;Skein QueenTirskelion YarnSweetGeorgia YarnsJunoFibreArtseasyknitsKnitRunDig and of course The Uncommon Thread

No comments: