Sunday, October 26, 2014

Where have you been my lovely?

Yesterday I went to Steyning to go to Wind Up a monthly knitting/crochet etc meet up organised by the ladies at Bessie May and Textile Garden. It is a lovely event. Plenty of space, friendly people, a few well chosen trading stalls and this month the cake was themed around doughnuts (and very nice they were too), good strong coffee was an added bonus.

M was so impressed he intends to have a stall next month to sell some of his wonderful yarn bowls.

Also trading was Kate from YAK who had a delightful table of yarny goodness from our very own The Uncommon Thread among others. I indulged myself in a little Malabrigo goodness.
I've been off variegated yarn for a while but something about this colour just sang out to me. The owl shawl pin came from the Textile Garden.

It made for a lovely afternoon and all three of us (a knitting friend came too) had a lovely time. They have a group on Ravelry and if you are in the area next month (I think it's the 22/11) I can highly recommend dropping in.


Yesterday was a good post day too (actually it's been a good post week). I received this wonderful custom dyed BFL from  the talented limegreenjelly. I asked for a blend of orange that was bright but subtle and Jo nailed it. I can feel my spinning mojo coming back to life just looking at it.

Now we have our little trip to look forward. The boy and Ma are dog sitting. J is swamped with college work so decided to stay home (sensible lad) so M and I are taking a little road trip. Really looking forward to meeting up with one of his pottery friends and have some 'us' time.

Will be back with photos soon.

1 comment:

Bessie May said...

Lovely reveiw ~ thanks for coming, and can't wait to see the beautiful yarn bowls feature at WindUp Three