Friday, June 04, 2010

A brief return



With some knitting. The 'Heart Sachet' from Interweave Press - pattern by Vicki Sever. I made one of these the year the pattern was published and it'ss looking a little worse for wear (see next picture). So I decided, as I was in the mood for a quick knit, to make a replacement yesterday. It's knitted in Koigu PPM on 2.25mm needles. Stuffed with wadding and dried lavender from our garden last year - which still smells really strong. I knit it in about 2 hours in total and love the construction of this pattern, it is very clever and looks great.
The beads are glass ones from my stash - the yarn has brief flashes of pale and kingfisher blue so they work IRL.


 





Here is the original (maybe 5 years old - I've lost track of time). It needs unpicking and restuffing and is also in need of a wash. The colours have lasted well - I still have a scrap of this balled up and there is very little difference in the colours at all. It is dusty though and no longer smells of lavender.

I do love Koigu for the colours - lovely.











Finally a word about my summer hiatus. I will most likely post sporadically but I don't like being on the computer in the summer so instead of a few posts a week it will be when I have some specific to share or when the mood takes me. So for now.......................................................................................



it's back to the fishing.

No comments: