Friday, November 16, 2012

Fanfare please.........

Books 100 -104!

"Dissolution' and 'Dark Fire' by C. J Sansom
Format - Kindle

Total departure from my normal reading choices and I love them. I have the third book downloaded to read. It is so refreshing to find a thriller style of story that makes me think. The first book took until around 75% to work out who the baddie was, the second one had me guessing almost to the very end. Very clever, well written and set in my favourite time period...Tudor. Winner on all levels.

'Anne of Green Gables' and 'Anne of Avonlea' by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Format - Audio book

These books are food for my soul. They are lyrical and feel good and I return to them time and time again. The gift of a new Ipod Touch from M was the perfect excuse to listen to them again. My love for them never lessens.

'Anno Dracula' by Kim Newman
Format - Kindle

One of the best books I've read this year. OMG it ticked every single box. Dracula, Dr Jekyll, Moriarty and Mycroft Holmes to name just a few of the wonderful characters this book weaves into its storyline. If you've not read it and you like a bit of a more meaty, serious vampire story - no twinkling - then have a read of this. Can't wait to read the next one!

Right that is it - since 01/01/12 I have read double of the challenge of  '52 books in a year'. I have enjoyed it and am as yet undecided as to whether I do it again next year....watch this space.

No comments: