Saturday, August 16, 2014

Rainbow Scotties

We have just had a couple of weeks off work for a family stay-cation. It's been lovely. Very relaxed. M got loads of pottery done and I fancied doing some stitching. What started out as trying to make a design of a Scottish Terrier shape, grew into a plethora of little rainbow scottie dogs with bows.

After finishing the panel I had no idea what to do with it at all but out shopping yesterday I found these......

The panel seemed perfect to be edged by bright cotton and turned into a cushion. The result is a wonderful additon for my favourite chair in the bedroom.

The rest of my time off was spent in reading, spinning, knitting and eating and drinking delicious stuff. M cooked up a storm including scallops and streak and a visit to the wonderful cheese shop in Lewes resulted in a fabulous lunch.

I went back to work for two days last week which was a pleasant way to ease my way back in and M goes back Monday. We loved having so many lazy days with no time strictures or demands on our days. I think we all benefited from it - even J- who is making the most of his summer holiday anyway.

No comments: