Monday, October 11, 2004

urrrrrrmmmmmm...........................

My brain hurts from so much reading, this years course seems to cover a huge amount of reading. I find as the subject matter is so riveting (lol) that my brain gets easily diverted. I was thinking today that if I was stranded on an island - what are the things (other than food/water/shelter etc) - that I'd like to have with me - a list of things (not human) that would help me cope, like what book or music or hobby items. I wonder if these choices reflect personality or culture. For example I'd like a good supply of Redbush Tea as I find this soothing and refreshing to drink and I'd probably rate this higher than say wine - which surprised me. I'd also like a copy of the complete works of Jane Austen or Anthony Trollope both authors I find suit all moods. Of course I'd have to have some knitting - something that takes a long time to make like a blanket and can have multiple uses....but the hard one was what music..........Well, it would have to be John Frusciante - because he also suits all moods. Finally, what luxury items for personal hygiene - soap, toothbrush and toothpaste and a hairbrush - as long as I'm clean I can cope with (almost) anything. Ok I think I've been distracted from study long enough better get my nose back onto the grindstone. S'later.........P

No comments: