Saturday, October 02, 2004

Secret Pals & other exciting stuff....

I've got a Secret Pal and I'm someones Secret Pal and it's sooooooo exciting. I just had to go shopping yesterday (which is unusual for me - I hate crowds and Brighton sure is crowded!). I had fun though. I love sending/giving presents - I hope they like my choices, can't tell what they are though cos it's all hush-hush.

Went to a family party last night - it was OK - I'm not a big party person as even after 21 years I don't feel comfortable with ML's lot. The food and drink were scrummy though - in the words of my MIL - "it was a luverly spread!"

Have started knitting for this firm - as a try out - the yarn is good quality and the pattern is basic enough. Time is the issue here - hopefully will stand still long enough to do some today, but also have stuff for my course and stuff to do for JL's monday group - what I need is a 28 hour day, then I might (just) fit it in.

I'm quite excited about the monday group, the kids have so much fun and are so nice together, last week we did an impromptu play based on Sleeping Beauty ( our theme was castles) what was interesting was that this version had robot knights with X-ray vision that no-way were going to kiss any girlies!!! lol - JL cracks me up- he had his own little narration going on, totally seperate from the main one. His included the menu for the feast which had to have mainly biscuits - well what good feast wouldn't? We haven't got a theme this week, as we want to kids to get used to the new venue, I think some games would be fun and someone is bringing books and a parachute ? (is this for the parents - who can't take anymore?).

Anyway, that's what's been occuring..........................Px

No comments: