Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Quilty pleasures.

 Thought I'd have a rummage in one of the storage bags to find some of the lap quilts I made when I  was first learning patchwork and quilting when J was just a toddler! Above is a Maple Leaf quilt - I love this particular block it is a favourite to work. The quilting is done in silver thread.
My first attempt at a Log Cabin quilt. Ma has the other one which is well worn now and was a variation of the theme - Courthouse Steps. I still have a thing for red and green in combination.
 Japanese patchwork lap quilt - the whole thing is stitched by hand!
Current quilting progress - I don't use a hoop (though I have one) I can't really get on with them, except when I machine quilt, I prefer to hold the quilt as I quilt it - cosy on cooler days too.

I have others, full size, lap size and loads of cushions but they are all in the attic so wasn't feeling brave enough to rummage about in there.

No comments: