Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Xmas meme

NAME: Peri
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot choccie

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped please ;0)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope cos of the animals - berries aren't good for puppies and kitties

5. When do you put your decorations up? Normally Xmas Eve - but since having bratling the weekend before Xmas and they are down again before New Year!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cold meat, pickle and salad on Boxing Day

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: It snowed when I was 5 - we went for a family walk with the dog up on the local golf course and my sister fell into a snow hidden bunker and the dog jumped in on top of her to rescue her - it was a truly slapstick moment

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 7. My parents got me an electric organ. I awoke about 11pm to a huge amount of swearing and got up to see my Da trying to assemble it - I knew Santa didn't say words like that.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Mainly with homemade decorations that we add to each year as J grows up

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Now I don't have to go out to work in it - I love it. Though I worry about Hubby driving in it

12. Can you ice skate? Yes - quite well actually

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A beautiful wooden dolls house when I was about 6. As an adult being successfully pregnant at Xmas after 9 years od miscarriages and trying to get pregnant

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Xmas morning seeing J and M open their pressies - the being together all day sharing the whole experience

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Toss up between my Ma's homemade lemon souffle or mince pies and cream

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Buying the real tree

17. What tops your tree? A pig hanging from a star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I'm partial to a bit of both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Boars Head

20. Candy Canes... Yuck or Yum? Yuck

No comments: