Friday, April 17, 2009

Handspun Ruby

I've been spinning more of the merino/silk blend I got from P & M Woolcraft at the rare breeds show at the Open Air Museum at Singleton last July. I had an idea that it would make a great vest type thingy. The problem was which one, the choice came down to three and in the end I decided on 'Ruby' from a 'Fine Fleece' by Lisa Lloyd.


It is a compulsive knit. I am really enjoying it and I love the tweedy effect of the handspun.
Everything else is fairly quiet here - not much exciting. Marmite moulted and is now a medium sized tarantula with glossy black legs and a coffee coloured carapace. He made a web mat and moulted overnight and is now back to burrowing around his tank. Dogs, cat and kidlet are all well and dandy. M and I are fine - life is just pottering on.

3 comments:

Mrs Jenny Leggings said...

you span that!!! I am green with envy ;)

Joanna said...

The delicate subtleties of the yarn don't show up quite so well in the photo...beautiful as it is, it is even more beautiful in the flesh!

Anonymous said...

ooh I love how it's knitting up! such a gorgeous colour - I only got 100g of that stuff but I think it'll go quite nicely with some of the batts I made so am hoping to eke it out!