Monday, April 02, 2012

Books 38-40

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Format - Kindle

Lots of hype about this with the film coming out - and it is another one of those books but I probably would not  read but someone recommended it and the synopsis sounded interesting so what the hell.

Glad I did -loved it. Couldn't put it down. Have the two follow-ups on my wish list (J has offered to buy me the next one for Easter - hurrah!). Worth reading - fast paced, clever and compelling. I quite often think that literature aimed for a young adult or teen market is better than adult lit.

The Boleyn Inheritance - by Phillipa Gregory
Format - book.

A friend of Ma's lent this to me I returned it before photographing the cover. I have read quite a few books by this author and I do have to be in the mood for her writing. I whizzed through this and I enjoyed it. Most of the enjoyment comes from my interest and fascination with the Tudors and I know this is mainly fiction wrapped around a few facts but it is still an interesting read .

The Six Wives of Henry VIII (Women in History) By Antonia Fraser
Format - book

No photo as it has gone back in the attic! This is a re-read. I decided after reading fiction for the time period to then read facts. This is good - though I do prefer Alison Weir and David Starkey's versions (I can't find my David Starkey one - must have lent it to someone) - that said I did enjoy reading this again as it has been a while. It has re fired my interest in the time period and I expect to be reading a few more similar to this in the not too distant future!

No comments: