Friday, April 13, 2012

Books 41 - 45

Emma by Jane Austen
Format - audio book.

This is an old version audio book recorded in 1987 (the year I got married) and  the sound quality isn't brilliant but I love this version because it has the same feeling as a pair of comfy slippers. Victoria Morgan narrates it wonderfully (though her voice does make me sleepy) but she gets Miss Bates to a 'T' and for that alone it is wonderful, though her Mrs Elton is not to be sniffed at either. I put this on my iPod as I had some boring knitting to get through and it got me through it wonderfully.

Recipe for Love by Katie Fforde
Format - Kindle

Another winner from one of my most favourite authors. I couldn't put it down and was relieved when we had rain over Easter as I had the perfect excuse to sit on my butt and finish this delightful book. Can't wait for her next one!

The Hunger Games Trilogy - The Hunger Games, Catching Fire & Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
Format - Kindle.

Another set of books with a lot of hype and a film - not seen the film - but I do want to because I loved the books. Chair grippers all three of them. I could not put them down. Well written, good characters, great story and loads of action with even more tension. Excellent and great value for money on the Kindle!

No comments: