Thursday, January 22, 2009

I love yarn!

Lorna's Laces Shepherd and Sock in 'Amy's Vintage Office' and as a tribute to the wonderful Amy herself, pictured on a Ukelele, a SpongeBob one at that. The colours remind me of our bedroom and are really subtle IRL. (The uke belongs to M - he's learning to play).
Manos del Uruguay, Silk Wool - I bought 600g of this wonderful limpid pool colour, it is destined to be a...........not telling ;) but I bought it with a preplanned purpose in mind.






The above two are Malabrigo Sock Yarn - oh yes baby! It is so very, very soft and squoochy. The colours are Abril and Persia but as I have already stashed it away I can't remember which is which - whoops.

M bought this Manos Wool Clasica destined to be a hat. Lovely subtle colour changes within it's rich blue palette.
I also bought some needles and lockable stitch markers, as most of mine are well over 10yrs old and are brittle so they snap or have been lost.
This little shopping expedition led to a complete overhaul of my stash storage, everything got re-baged, labelled and listed so I now actually know how much yarn I have - not as much as you may think - but enough for a while. It was satisfying to see it all organised and has inspired me, I have lots of things in mind for 2009's knitting etc.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Amy's Vintage Office colours - I have some of it too and still can't decide if it should be socks or a scarfy thing. All your other purchases are fabulous too - there's definitely stuff in the shop they haven't put online yet!! I bet I know what your Manos Silk Blend is for...