Friday, March 11, 2011

52 Books - 12 and 13

Doing these two together because they are by the same author are 1 and 2 in the series and that's the way (uhuh-uhuh - I like it) I read them.

Vampire Diaries - The Awakening/The Struggle - L.J. Smith

I have, since my teens, loved vampires from my first ever reading of Bram Stoker aged about 13 which led me to read Anne Rice and so on.

In recent months I have read all the of the Twilight Saga (J calls them Twishite) and all of the current Sookie Stackhouse books and I know they are not erudite or profound by I loved them. And even though I'm not really into cinema or TV that much I have watched Trublood and seen the Twilight films - I have also watched Vampire Diaries (season 1 & as much of season 2 as they've shown so far) and I have loved all of these also. When ITV2 announced another Vampire Diary TV break I decided to give the books a ago, with some trepidation, as I had read review that they were very much more aimed at a teen audience than others but they were quite cheap on my Kindle so I downloaded 1 and 2 as I  thought 2 books would give me a good  taste.

I will not be downloading the rest. Sorry but me no likee. The book characters are not much like the TV ones and they didn't draw me in at.....not even Damon. I decided book Elena was stupid and couldn't engage with her personality and book Stefan needs a kick up the arse. They weren't scary, thrilling or even that romantic. In fact one word sums it up and that word is 'pants'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi