Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where are they now?

Knitting and Crochet Blog week - day 4.

This post is meant to be about a project you've knit and what has happened to it.....gonna tweek it a little.

I have spent the last 40 minutes trying to find a photo/date/blog entry/Ravelry link for this item and I can't find a thing. I must have never blogged etc about it. I have no photos of it and as for where it is.....folded up on the end of my bed.

My 'Cozy'.

The pattern was published in Knitty in 2004 - I think I must have made mine 2005 ish. It is knit in Jaeger Trinity in a kind of weird green. I hated knitting it. I made so many mistakes - it was my first big lace project and it took me forever to finish it. I shoved it in a drawer and left it to fester, unblocked and unloved.

I don't remember when but I got cold one day and decided to use the 'Cozy' for what it was designed for. It is stretchy and versatile and warm. The bloody thing has been in almost constant use ever since. I love it. I'd be lost without it. It is very tatty now but I still turn to it when I am chilly more than anything else I own. It gets used as a giant scarf, a blankie and a wrap. I have attempted to make its replacement but have frogged each attempt - cos I still hate knitting it (quite a boring pattern) and the attempts never quite match up to my lovely scruffy and battered existing one. It has been camping, worn to a wedding and I took it to Bath with me last month. It has been washed and washed and washed and I still love it. It is like comfort food in knitted form. In fact I'm a little cold now - better go and liberate it from the end of the bed.

No comments: