Monday, February 13, 2006

Buster - a tribute to a special life.

Buster is our black and white cat and he is sadly very ill. The vet has told us there is nothing they can do and as he is quite elderly we have made the difficult decision to have him put to sleep.

We got Buster almost 15 years ago - he was the naughtiest kitten in the world. Six months later my Dad died and I needed something to love and Buster was there. Naughty, but there. I had numerous miscarriages and needed something to cuddle and Buster was there. Naughty, but there. He trounced our Siamese on a regular basis and fell in love with our Dalmatian - a love affair which continues to this day. He played with the rabbit and ignored the rats. He was fat and fluffy and chewed my knitting needles every given opportunity. He sat his smelly little cat bum on my text books and clawed my bum most nights to wake me up because he was hungry at 3.00am.

Although I am sad - I know this is the right thing to do and am focusing on the postives of him being such a big part of my life.

7 comments:

Pearl said...

I loved Buster. So sorry.

Anonymous said...

It's a hard decision, but you have been brave and thought about Buster and not your feelings - which is to be applauded. Buster had a fantastic life and that's all down to you. Well done for deciding to do what you are doing. Hugs to you all.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW! Peri!! I am so sorry. It is a hard descision but know he will be waiting over the Rainbow Bridge for you!!
Many hugs to you!

Knitty SP

PURLPOWER said...

Thinking of you and yours Peri. He's had a great innings and to leave you without too much pain and discomfort is the best thing you could do for him. You've done really well. Hugs.

Peri said...

Thank you all for the comments - they have all helped (((hugs))).

TutleyMutley said...

Oh, I've been there! My old cat reached 23years of age before the vet said she had a tumour that was so big that it would be kinder etc. Did I want to leave her? NO I would be there to comfort her in her last moments and thought it would be OK - then I bawled my eyes out and embarrassed the vet who was a bit old school. I'll never forget her. We had a lovely ceremony in the garden at home. I hope it all went well for you and huggles. Hear tell you had a birthday too! Hope you had lots of things you would wish for.

Mtwelovett said...

So Sorry Peri,

Remember all the good times. ((((hugs))))