Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where has my floor gone?

In the bathroom that is. Work continues - we have a newly plastered back wall, which is almost dry so can be tiled. I have lots of new pipe work and a new valve for the new shower and today I get a new floor base. I feel lucky than M is a plumber by trade and can do all this - thinking on his feet when problems arise - I am sure if we'd paid someone (which we did last time - remember the plumber=carpenter comment I made) the price would have escalated by now. We've had to buy more stuff which has cost more £'s but nothing like it could have been.

I've taken over M's cooking duties - not doing too bad (working around my diet(**) a bit), we've homemade onion soup, chicken chasseur and last night beef stew and dumplings. Tonight I attempt Greek pie in the Ramouska (I love it) - it's all the fault of Annie http://www.upknitcreek.co.uk/ she reminded me of these in the park the other week - now I can't leave it alone, they are good though. J and I have taken over all the dog walking too - so that's good fun.....why when they've been in the garden do they still want to take a dump on the street? I ALWAYS clean it up - but it's the carrying it home that is sooooo fragrant,

Some knitting, but more crochet this week - I have rediscovered my love of granny/afghan blocks thanks to '200 Crochet Blocks' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crochet-Blocks-Blankets-Throws-Afghans/dp/0715321412/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223996657&sr=8-4 this is really such a good book - clear and concise - good pictures too.
I feel a renewed addiction coming on - well it will use up all my sock yarn scraps!

Now I must away to the kitchen.....let's hope it turns out as wonderful as M makes it!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Mm, homemade onion soup. Sounds wonderful!