Sunday, August 12, 2007

Flicker Socks

Finally finito! Pattern by Cookie of Monkey, Pomatomus and other excellent sock fame. Her wonderful patterns including this one came be found/purchased here
http://www.cookiea.com/index.php Needles - 2.5mm ebony dpns, yarn Opal Uni - in a jade/turquoisey type shade - colour no/name escapes me.

Sock one I whizzed through and the pattern is great, easy to follow and a interesting knit - through no fault of the pattern though I did get 2nd sock syndrome. I cast on for number two straight away and knit the cuff/leg but hit a brick wall for the heel & gusset etc. I knitted two rows yesterday - more crappy family stuff intervened - so the bulk of gusset, foot & toe were completed this afternoon.

I have two more pairs of socks on the needles and will endeavour to finish them before casting on for Cookie's Mona pattern which I purchased today.......am I a Cookie-Ho?

7 comments:

Batty said...

Very pretty socks! I love the bright color you chose.

Zonda said...

Very pretty, the first I've seen in this pattern! Go you!

amylin said...

Great socks!

Allie said...

Your socks are so beautiful - you could make a fortune as a luxury sock baron. Sorry to hear that crappy family stuff continues. :-(

adrienne said...

Your socks are lovely! The colour looks great with that pattern! Cookie's patterns are great.

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! I love the colour. I will miss your blog....

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah yeah - +.*# you