Friday, December 21, 2007

In the words of............

the wonderful Newton Faulkner

"So don't take my photograph
Cos I don't wanna know how it looks to feel like this.
As cars and people pass
It feels like standing still but I know
I'm just moving uncomfortably slow."

We've had a week of minor disasters - stupid things - another credit card fraud, still full of snot, car has a flat battery, dog started puking again after we thought she was better and the cooker went wrong - you know - stuff. Then you hear a friends news, which just slaps you about the head and you realise that in the whole scheme of things your stuff is crumbs on life's cutting board!

So as Xmas approaches I am a niggled, slightly pole-axed Peri and the above lyrics just about summed up how I feel right now.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hello Peri, I think you must have been leaving a comment on my blog around the time I was catching up with your news! :-)

I'm sorry you are having hassles so close to Christmas - these things always seem to happen at the most inconvenient times.

Sorry to hear also of your friend's trouble. After our own troubles this year I have been overcome by how kind people can be. I hope that your friend's spirits are bourne up by the help of both friends and strangers.

Best wishes, and Happy Christmas from Liverpool