People who know me, know that I have a 'little' thing about skulls. Well, a while ago in a fit of knitting ADD I cast on for this, knit like mad, hurt my hand, abandoned it and forgot it *whoops*. On Friday wondering where all my Denise cords/needles were and having a hunt in the big knitting bag beside the sofa.... I found it again. Today I finished it. (Picture has battery for size comparison).
Close up of the Fireskulls. I adapted the chart from 'Hello Yarns' - 'We Call them Pirates' to make them a bit more evil looking, I also took out the cross bones and adapted the size and closeness to fit my stitch count.
After felting at a 40c wash with two pairs of M's Jeans (see the battery is back so you can how much it shrunk).
Close up of shrunken skulls - which I think now look very menacing!
Knitted on 6.5 mm needles the yarn is Lambs Pride Bulky in Black Cherry - courtesy of the lovely Kathrows - it took two skeins. The skulls are two different shades of Cascade 220 worked together to give a flame effect which is much clearer in real live. The button is courtesy of a raid on Ma's button box and comes off an old coat of hers - I love button boxes!!
For a pattern that I made up as I went along I quite chuffed with it and pleased it is ready in time for Halloween :-D
Grouch level - dissipating!