Friday, January 11, 2008

Where did this week go?

Well I spent some time knitting this....from Knitty fall 2007 - Juno Regina in Helen's Lace, Purple Club. This is my quiet time, concentrating knitting (me and lace have to be like that) so progress will be slow, cos quiet time is rare!
TV knitting - Chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in Koigu. I like a bit on 'no thinkie' knitting and this is perfect. It's small enough to go anywhere, I remember the pattern and no need to count rows.
Whilst trying to catch up on podcasts, I've been spinning. The last of the Corriedale I got from Fair Isle Fairie - this bobbin is ready to ply. I have episode 10 of Playing for Keeps to listen to with J today so should get a start on that. Ain't it purty!
Conkers needs a new Mr Heaty (SpongeBob fans will get the reference) - he stole my granny square afghan when he moved in and is slowly shredding it to bits so I decided to start on a new one! Ten squares down - goodness knows how many to go - I am attempting to do 1 a day.

I've also spent a lot of time cooking (unusual for me) but I am (again attempting) to give M 1 day off a week from cooking chores and this week I made a beef stew with dumplings, with a cinnamon and raisin bread, bread and butter pudding for afters. I have also made two massive vats of soup - homemade chicken and curried veggie *slurp*.

There has been lots of other stuff. Swimming, walks, reading. J finished 'Order of the Phoenix' and started 'The Half Blood Prince' and together we are reading 'Z for Zachariah' by Robert O'Brien - this is one of the books I saved from my childhood and is written in journal form. It's a disturbing read but enthralling and J is loving it. We've also been spending a lot of time doing puzzles, maths and looking at science stuff too. He has a set of books and I often find browsing through them, this leads to a 100 odd questions and lots of looking stuff up and chatting - he learns well this way.

So as well as spending at least an hour a day drawing and if I can writing too. It has been a busy week. Not to mention the chores - mountains of laundry, ironing, accounts, cleaning etc - phew I think I need a rest.....what at the weekend? - I should be so lucky!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh you HAVE been busy! Oh not to have to go into the office five days a week..... ;)

Sian said...

Sun Horse Moon Horse by Rosemary Sutcliffe is also a good read for an older child. It is about the making of the Uffington Horse. I loved it when I was a kid.

Joanna said...

I enjoyed Z for Zacchariah, we did it in English at High School! You have been busy...I'm not much of a cook but stew is always good this time of year, I tried a suet pudding instead though this week with the beef!

Anonymous said...

work work work work work work work work work work work work work work




Why D'ya think blogland is so quiet this end ! Joyfull Joyfull I hate deadlines !!


Love to M & tell him im blowing him some *special make it better kisses*


Angela

Batty said...

Hate to tell ya, but it's the Helen's Lace. It's cursed. I've been knitting on the Baltic Sea Stole in the same yarn, in the same color, for... oh, quite a while now. It's slow going.