Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am an OK person!

Dear Anon Commenter,

Thanks for the timely reminder - what a shame I hadn't thought of that! (sarcasm) What a shame that they NEVER gave me the same consideration through all the losses I have had since they have been in my life.

My humour is what sees me through this - it is part of MY grieving process, after all my MIL was part of my life for 24 years, and for all that she was an old bag and we didn't see eye to eye, she also had my respect - she was M's mum after all, that alone deserves respect.

In the 20 years I've been married I've spent 19 of them coping with ill/sick family - both M and I have suffered many close family losses - comments like yours don't help. Don't assume to understand until you have walked a mile in my shoes.

My blog is where I say what is in my head - freely - let off steam etc. And if you knew or had to deal with M's family - you'd understand my comment regarding the grind. The grind of watching your husband worn down by their stupidity, their leaning on him, their self interest - none of which are related to their grief at all. I say nothing to them, it is not my place. I support them all.

Finally, I've had 3 snide comments that are Anon recently - quite a new experience for me - it's a free country - you are entitled to your opinion - BUT have the bollocks to put your money where you mouth is and put your name to your opinions - I have no time for cowards who hide behind anon! I have enough on my plate as it is.

Regards,

Peri.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said! I'm sorry that you're going through a hard time and that people out there are always willing to make it harder for you. I hate anon comments as well, just ignore them and keep on being you. xx

Anonymous said...

Anyone who posts as 'anon' is a coward, simple as that.