Monday, January 04, 2010

Tell me why I don't like Monday?

Actually, I don't mind Mondays really. Just thought it was a good title. Shows my age though. quoting a Boomtown Rats song.

I finished reading a book yesterday that I started months ago. It was just one of those that got put down for other things and then left, then picked up again, then abandoned etc. I normally devour this type of book, living in a hovel abroad type thing, and the other two by Chris Stewart, I've loved. But this one,' The Almond Blossom Appreciation Society' just didn't manage to grip me in the same way. The humour is still there, I just felt it lacked the something magical the other two had. I have a Peter Kerr (another author who writes in a similar vein) sitting on my to read shelf but may leave it a little while longer until I read it, I'm worried I'll have the same problem. Perhaps my taste in books is changing.

Today is quiet. All the chores are done, even the massive pile of ironing! Made homemade chicken soup for lunch which Ma and boy helped me eat. The house is clean and tidy, the dogs are groomed and walked - even with the massive blister under my big tow -which is cracking and very painful. The afternoon winter sun is shining in the room and making it quite warm. J is beavering away reading about earthquakes so I have an hour or so to spare.......reading or knitting. Ah, audio book (Ayala's Angel or Wuthering Heights - am listening to both) and some sock knitting I think - two birds, one stone :o)

No comments: