Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I is for.....

Itching, irritating, insomnia and insects bites.

Something or things bit me on Sunday. One on the ankle bone and one on the back of my heel. They itched so much last night they kept me awake for ages. The one on back on of my ankle kept filling up with liquid (tmi?) like a blister. I cursed the little bloodsucking fuckers who ruined my nights sleep. I applied Lavender oil, nice holistic, safe, meant to work remedy.....nope. I applied Germoline ..... twice, antiseptic cream with local anaesthetic......nope. I tried ignoring them............nope. I got up took a dose a Piriton and two paracetamol and after about 30 minutes of gritting my teeth, getting loved and trampled on by Conkers and ignoring the itch, I fell asleep.

This morning after more Piriton etc I couldn't stand it anymore and went to the ole red book of knowledge, the one I posted about last year. And lo there was an idea - mix equal parts of salt, bicarbonate of soda with a little water to make a paste and apply to bite.....it promised instant relief......it delivered.......oh blessed relief. It's dried on and it feels cool and non itchy at all and the salt should help the little bleeders heal too. *big sigh of relief*

Other stuff.

Got my Ravelery invite *yay!*

Tuesday is spinning day------ so I'm off to get the chores done.

No comments: